- Posts on Google My Business - Why Are They Beneficial?
- How To Post On Google My Business
- Posts On Google My Business - The Takeaway
Posts On Google My Business - Why Are They Beneficial?The possibility to post entries for free is one of the functionalities of Google My Business. It can be either an extra channel of communication with potential customers or a source of website traffic. What’s more, Google appreciates engagement - publishing entries that appeal to users systematically can improve the visibility of your listing in the search results and increase your chances of acquiring new customers. Moreover, by publishing posts on Google My Business, you increase the credibility of your listing. Posts may include texts, graphics, videos and can be related to industry events, products or services. It’s possible to benefit from booking options or provide links that facilitate shopping. Simplicity is the greatest advantage of Google My Business posts - they don’t require any expertise and you’ll probably easily publish them on your own. Exemplary posts on GMB: [caption id="attachment_43023" align="aligncenter" width="750"] Benno Restaurant - information post[/caption] [caption id="attachment_43027" align="aligncenter" width="733"] Product presentation - Ocean Prime restaurant[/caption]
Principles Of Posting On Google My BusinessGuidelines prepared by Google provide basic information about posts content policy on Google My Business:
- It’s forbidden to post content that isn’t related to your business profile.
- Entries shouldn't mislead users.
- It's forbidden to post website links unrelated to the company, images, or videos that distract users and automatically generated content.
- It's forbidden to provide phone numbers (this is what CTA buttons are for).
- It's forbidden to post photos or videos of places that aren't supposed to be photographed.
How To Post On Google My Business?Let’s discuss the process of publishing posts on Google My Business. Enter https://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/business/ and log into your account with a listing. Then, you’ll see a list of business profiles you can manage. Select the one where you wish to post new entries. You can find this functionality in the menu on the left side. After clicking it, you’ll see a few options to add a post. Below, we’re going to discuss what types of content are expected in specific categories.
Types of Posts
COVID-19 updatesThe ongoing pandemic has affected the operation of various companies. Describe how people can benefit from your offer. What services are available online, without having to visit the facility? Potential customers may be also interested in security measures taken by your company. You can enrich the entry with “find out more”, provided that you describe a specific aspect in detail on your website. Once the post is published, the general description of your listing will include a note about Covid-19 related information.
OfferNotify users about appealing special offers or sales. In the case of these posts, you can publish photos and videos. Include the name and duration of the offer. You can also provide the accurate number of hours when the offer is active. It’s also possible to share information such as terms and conditions, coupon codes, or links. What do we mean by these coupon codes? You may require users to present them in order to benefit from the offer. It’s an excellent way to verify how many customers have been attracted to your store thanks to GMB.
What’s newWhen it comes to this category, you can inform customers about various events taking place in your company. Tell the world that you hired a new specialist, completed a complex project, or renovated your restaurant. Why don’t you share your fresh blog entry? It’s also a great idea. As a part of the post, you can publish images, videos, descriptions, or even buttons.
ProductWith the help of these posts, you can inform customers about new products introduced to your offer. Complement the entry with a photo, description, category, price, or buttons such as “buy now” or “order online”.
Creating Posts On Google My BusinessOnce you know about available post categories, you can move on to creating them. In each case, it’s beneficial to preview the post before publishing it to check if everything looks satisfactory. Below you can find a few relevant rules to follow when writing posts:
- Benefit from CTA buttons - it’s possible to add elements that encourage users to take action. “Buy”, “book”, “order online”. Thanks to it, interested potential customers can go directly to the website with the offer.
- Description - meaning the text added as a part of the post. Sometimes, the number of characters may be limited. Provide a lot of information in the shortest possible form. A detailed description may be up to 1500 characters, however, Google recommends that it shouldn’t be longer than 150-300.
- Title - just like in the case of the description - provide as much information in a concise way as possible. In a nutshell: make sure that the title is appealing and informs about key aspects of the post.