In the era of global culture, companies are reaching out to new, foreign markets. Successful stores, after winning their domestic market want to offer their services also outside of their motherland. At this point, many forget about the proper optimization of their websites. It’s an international SEO that ensures their success in new markets by making it easier for search engines to detect what country is the target and what is the business language!
Each country has its own specifics and its own SEO. Delante optimizes foreign websites taking into account the specificities of a given local market. We know that understanding of all the cultural differences and characteristics of a given nation, in the SEO process for websites targeting international markets, could not only shape the reception of your website but also influence consumer choices. Therefore, you don’t have to look for SEO agencies abroad in order for your website to be much more visible in the search engine.
The best international SEO effects come in pair with good knowledge of the local market. The main differences that you will encounter when optimizing your website abroad are:
- Different target group specifics – Understanding the target group is the first step to foresee its needs and queries. It is the unique characteristics of each market that will significantly influence their purchase decision and will have a say in the way they compose their searches. Cultural knowledge is crucial to start optimizing your website abroad.
- Recognition of the search engine used in a specific location. The strongest force on the market is Google & you will probably have it in mind when going abroad.
But that will not always be the case, so the first step to a successful international SEO strategy is to find out the search engine you will be working on. Each search engine is different and will require different adjusting to new requirements.
- The language of your website also has a great impact on international SEO and, consequently, selecting keywords and the ability to create relevant content. Keep in mind that there are a couple of countries that are multilingual – that’s also important to address when entering such a market.
- Technical SEO matters – well-designed international SEO strategy needs to be based on solid technical grounds. You need to define whether the website will be language or country targeted, what type will be the new language version of your site – a domain, subdomain, or catalog, even rethinking the CMS choice will be good before entering a new market. Then comes a matter of URLs structure, implementation of hreflangs, and international management to help Google see your website properly.
- International Content – that goes without saying that entering a new country you need to also adjust the way you publish and create your content. Keep in mind what type of content is considered valuable by specific readers, e.g. a German will look closely at the technical specification of a product and conciseness of its description. You may think it’s a little stereotypical approach, but it can have a huge impact not only on SEO strategy but also on sales.
- The same strategy & different effects – SEO activities that work in one country may give a variety of results in different countries. While in some places the greatest SEO results will come from using external links to redirect to your e-commerce, in others, you will achieve your determined goals by working directly on your website with technical SEO. What works depends directly on the market specificities and the competitors’ activity – that’s why it’s crucial to analyze that first!
The process of International SEO is complex & there’s a beauty of a challenge in it! In order to successfully optimize your website abroad, you will need to possess the necessary knowledge and face new challenges. Or, you can count on our experience!
We’re spreading our SEO strategies in many corners of the world & support even more industries. Having our clients in over 20 countries, we’re conducting the process, and communicating online with great results. They already know you don’t need to be close with your SEO team to make wonders. What matters the most in international SEO is the experience!
Regardless of the market, we always focus on creating an International SEO strategy well-suited for every client so that, while adjusting to the specific needs of the target group and your business profile, it brings the best results.
The Elements of International SEO with Delante
Every market is different, so the SEO strategy built for your website in one country probably won’t work (or will be less effective) for another location. It’s because every country has its own specifics, both demographic, legal, and behavioral, that need to be considered when creating an SEO strategy. All SEO actions must correspond with the specificities of a target group they aim for – that’s why we highly recommend recreating your SEO plan and adjust it to every new market your want to enter.
The first results of a well-conducted implementation of an SEO strategy can be noticed in the increase of your website’s online visibility – usually, it takes 2-3 months to see the real increase. After that time, you will also start seeing an increase in traffic to your site, and eventually, it’ll contribute to better sales. Note that it all depends on your website’s condition and the amount of work it requires. You can see the average timeline of SEO effects below:
We deeply care about the transparency of our processes. We don’t have anything to hide, and we are proud of our cooperation – jump to Case Studies to see the real results of our previous SEO strategies.
At this point, it’s worth mentioning that in Delante, we’re operating on hard data, not guesses. Each month we give our clients visible proof of our strategies working – they are provided with clear, data-based reports on the current website performance compared to previous months. We deeply care about the transparency of our processes. That’s why you can check how our International SEO strategies worked for clients on the Case Study page on our website.
Of course – if the company is already experienced in International SEO! In the case of international SEO, the key to success is understanding the client’s business, market specificities, and target group – based on that, you can create a successful SEO strategy for a foreign country. Therefore, the SEO company doesn’t need to be native to the market you want to enter.
What is more, to make the cooperation even more convenient for you, in Delante all communication is carried out in English. From the very beginning, we assign one SEO specialist to coordinate the project, so our client can be in constant touch with a person directly responsible for working on the website.
Read more on our blog
Are you planning to go international? If so, you should remember a few aspects that will definitely affect the time needed to build brand recognition and reach the expected sales level. Technical website elements such as language versions or hreflangs really matter and the selection of an appropriate content management system (CMS) is of utmost importance. How to decide which solution is the best CMS for a multilingual website and will support your business?Read more
Planning to introduce an SEO strategy for your website? SEO is a long-term process and its effects are visible no sooner than after a few months, so you should regularly track the most important SEO metrics and KPIs to check if your SEO strategy is on the right track. In this article, I've compiled a list of the most relevant metrics and parameters you should be measuring. Check them out!Read more