Do you run a campaign on Google Ads but you’re not 100% sure whether your ads are well optimized? Would you like to check whether your account and ads are well set up, and also find out what should be improved? Great news, because we can and know how to help you. Let us prepare a comprehensive Google Ads audit for you and identify some areas for further improvement, so you can generate better results.
A Google Ads audit is for you if:
- You have created and set up a Google Ads account
- You’ve been already running some campaigns for a while now
- You can’t see any improvement in results (conversions, CTR, CPC) despite ongoing optimization or increasing advertising budgets
- You would like to optimize the cost of your ads
- Your ads don’t drive valuable website traffic
- You would like to check if your current strategy is executed in the right way
- You notice some improvement in results, but you want to know if there still is anything else you could do to boost your growth
Google Ads audit is not for you if you are just starting to advertise, you have not created ads.
The audit takes 2 weeks (on average). It’s conducted manually by one of our SEM specialists. The Google Ads audit that we conduct always consists of three steps:
1. Checking your Google Ads account set-up
At this stage, we check whether your Google Ads account has been properly configured and if it allows you to set a campaign accordingly. We’re checking elements such as:
- connecting Google Ads account to other tools (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console, YouTube, Google Merchant Center),
- import goals and transactions from Google Analytics,
- import of Google Analytics recipients,
- access to the account,
- access to payment settings.
2. Checking your Google Ads account settings
After checking the configuration of your advertising account, we check the settings of the account itself, without entering detailed campaigns yet. We’re checking elements such as:
- exclusion lists,
- drafts and “experiments” on your account,
- campaigns’ groups,
- smart bid strategies and budgets in the account,
3. Analysing ongoing campaigns
The last step is a detailed check of your campaigns. The items that we audit are different for each type of ad. We’re checking elements such as:
- settings for each type of advertising (Search, Remarketing, Display, PLA, YouTube, application ads and others),
- ad extensions,
- optimizations via individual factors (e.g. schedule, devices, days, location),
- account bugs and notifications,
- optimization results and implementation of Google standards,
- attribution modeling.