What Is Link Building?
Link building is an indispensable part of SEO, and an important ranking factor. In a nutshell, it’s the process of creating an external link base. This helps to improve page parameters, boost traffic, streamline navigation, and show Google that your website is a valuable source of information willingly referred to by others.
Quality link building services can help you reach better positions in the search results, and allow Google robots to easily crawl individual pages of your website. Getting backlinks from thematically related and reputable sites will help you improve your DR (domain rating).
Generally, it’s possible to distinguish external linking. As you may guess, external linking is when other websites refer to your page and provide a link to it, or when you place a link to an external site on your website. This is a signal to Google that the linked website contains quality information that is cited, and referred to by others. As a consequence, the search engine may decide to display such a page higher in the SERPs.
As it’s already mentioned, backlink building service is about obtaining links from reputable, and authoritative websites to your page.
We can distinguish five types of backlinks:
- Brand – it’s when a link to your website includes the name of your brand.
- Exact match anchor text – it’s when a link to your website includes a keyword that perfectly describes your page content or business profile. Let’s assume that you run an online store with dresses. In this case an exact match anchor leading to your homepage could look in the following way “online store with dresses”.
- Navigation links – they take users to specific pages, and help them move around the website.
- Mixed – these links combine the qualifies of the above-mentioned types. For example, they may be an exact match of anchor texts + brand.
- Clean URLs – it’s the most natural type of backlinks. It means that you simply paste the URL to your website, without using anchor texts. Why is it the most natural? Because the vast majority of users who want to share a link with others use clean URLs.
It’s important to mention that the link building process is effective only if you diversify the types of links and websites you obtain links from.
If only exact match anchors or brand links lead to your page, Google may consider it manipulation, and it can either penalize your website or decrease its position.