SEO for the furniture industry - how to get down to it?
Local SEO in the furniture industryFurniture shops offering products for local markets need to pay particular attention to SEO that takes into consideration their location. Moreover, it’s worth getting to know the preferences of your potential customers. Knowing what they’re looking for will help you tailor your offer and communication methods to their expectations. The fact that people are becoming much more eager to buy furniture online is a clear signal that it’s beneficial to invest in doing effective SEO. The finest asset of local SEO is the fact that thanks to it, even a small company gets a chance to compete with the most important tycoons on the market. Below you can see a few tips that will suggest you how to build an SEO strategy that will help you gain local customers:
- Local link building
- Google My Business listing
- Optimizing the website for local SEO
Long-tail SEO in the furniture industryThink about long-tail SEO if you wish to make your SEO activities even more effective. It’s a perfect solution for all online shops as thanks to it you can advertise specific products in a way that truly increases their conversion.
The furniture industry vs. international SEOManufacturers who want to go international should remember about a few very important principles. Sometimes, even the finest product may not be enough.
- Country-specific domain
- A thorough analysis of the target market
- Choosing appropriate search engines to do SEO for
The furniture industry - how to create content?The furniture industry shouldn’t focus solely on graphics. Although it may seem that beautiful photos of aesthetically and stylishly arranged spaces can replace content, your communication should be supported by texts. Consider running a company blog as regularly published posts discussing current trends or intriguing architectural solutions may increase the number of phrases the website is displayed on. [caption id="attachment_22501" align="aligncenter" width="750"] An exemplary company blog run in the furniture industry.[/caption] Apart from graphic representations, the site should include product descriptions. Enable customer reviewing and rating to improve your UX and get some feedback. In your menu, you can also include tabs or subpages which will present realized designs and new furniture collections. The furniture industry puts great emphasis on visual aspects, therefore, you should always complement your content with quality graphics. However, remember about a few rules concerning image optimization.
- Publish only these photos that were taken by you or that are intended for public use.
- The weight of your images really matters! Choose quality pictures but at the same time remember to make sure that they aren’t too big and don’t slow down the website loading time. Graphics should be professional and should refer to the products on the site.
- If there are any problems with loading the website, you may see the names of the graphics displayed instead of the photos. Thanks to it, users will know what the images are about. This can be done by setting appropriate Alt tags in the HTML code (for example, < img src="table-night-white.jpg" alt="night table in English style">). Apart from that, Alt tags inform Google robots what is on the website and help to do SEO for the graphics, therefore, it's worth including keywords in your image descriptions.