The Power of PodcastsThere are currently so many podcasts on the Internet, which are considered to be a form of online communication - usually as an audio recording. The authors of such podcasts discuss a variety of topics, from Internet marketing, through finance, to lifestyle. Many podcasts are divided into episodes. This allows for a more detailed topic presentation. Many companies use podcasts to promote their brand. It is worth finding an interesting and popular topic, which will also be related to your business. If you divide your podcasts into episodes, then you can observe the interest of viewers – if it drops or increases. Perhaps they impatiently wait for your next audio?
A Few Words about VideocastsSpeaking of podcasts, it would be hard not to mention videocasts. Simply put, videocast is a video that you can download or watch online. What’s important, in the case of videocasts, the audience has a possibility to see the presenter. Certainly, videocasts are considered to be more reliable. They are a great way to conduct courses, trainings or interviews. Thanks to visualization, you can attract more user attention. Videocasts are quite popular in many countries, above all they are appreciated for their effectiveness. What's important, they give a great opportunity to promote products - in other words, they are considered to be promotional materials. A professional and authorized message is something you really need these days!
Make a Good Podcast!For sure, you already know a lot about podcasts. Would you like to create your debut audio recording, but you don’t know where to start? There is no need to worry. I will guide you. Check what steps you need to take:
- Topic. At the beginning it is worth listening to other podcasts - for sure each of them will be different. Select the most interesting - from your point of view - elements, and then try to focus on them. Choose an interesting topic that will relate to your business.
- Catchy name. It is one of the most significant elements, however, many podcasters tend to forget about it. Above all, it should be simple, short and describe your business.
- High quality equipment. A lot depends on what budget you want to spend on making a podcast. At the very beginning it is worth investing in a microphone and a recording software. Of course, a mixer will give you better audio quality. At the beginning, however, try your hand at it in a slightly more traditional way.
Webinar – a Valuable LearningIn the age of the Internet, more and more people choose webinars. What are the main features of this online seminar? Above all, it's a good method to reach a new audience. You really have just a few minutes to convince them. Webinars should provide substantive knowledge. However, at the beginning, it is good to introduce yourself, announce the plan of your webinar, and thus encourage the audience to stay at the online meeting. Simply put, it is a live streaming with the participation of the audience. Answering participants' questions is very important here. Questions may be asked via a communicator. Usually at the end of a webinar, the presenter answers to them. Remember not to bore your audience with too much theory – which is also quite important, of course – whereas it is good to relax the atmosphere a bit with some jokes and practical examples – ever from your life. In this way you gain trust of your audience and build a relationship with them. Consider how you want your webinar to be. Slides are always a good choice. But remember – they should be just a complement to what you say or a summary. If you can't decide on one option, I suggest to do A/B testing. Conduct one webinar with full option and another one partially implement with slides. For sure, your audience will inform you which type of webinar suited them best. Remember that you create webinars for others, not just for yourself! Webinars are online seminars during which it is the presenter who shares his or her knowledge. There is no time for giving tasks and then doing them by the participants.
How to Create an Interesting Webinar?It may seem that running a webinar is so simple. However, not everyone is good at giving public speeches and presenting their knowledge. If you have a good presence and charisma, people eagerly listen to you and you have an ease of interacting with your audience, it means that you were born for this. Remember that webinars are live seminars. First of all, prepare a script for the speech, as well as a presentation that will attract everyone's attention. Second of all, you should be prepared for potential questions from participants. An imprecise or evasive answer may result in negative reactions. Try to keep your audience interested from the very beginning and ensure them that it is worth staying with you until the end of the webinar. Remember to make sure that recording is of high quality. All participants should see and hear you well. There is no time here for replays or interruptions. It is also worth paying attention to what is the most important difference between webinar and traditional course. When you run a webinar, you can't really see people's reactions. Whether they manifest boredom or excitement, you simply can't respond to these reactions. That's why you should keep their attention with an interesting message.
Comparative AnalysisYou already know what webinars and podcasts are. Now it's time to find out what the differences are between them. I have analyzed the similarities between the two types of online communication. At first, let's focus on them:
- Knowledge sharing. Both podcasts and webinars are aimed at presenting topics where the presenter is an expert. It's a great way to attract new clients who show interest in your brand and products.
- An effective form of advertising. During a webinar or a podcast, many presenters recommend their services or products. It’s a great time to give some examples from everyday life. Practical examples are what your audience is waiting for.
- Attracting potential clients. Both podcasts and webinars help you promote your brand. Try to find a catchy name and a good image to attract a wider audience.
- Accessibility and convenience. Podcasts are audio recordings that are available to everyone once they have been posted. If you download them and have the mp3 file, you can listen to them whenever you want. Webinars are a form of live broadcast. Usually a date is given earlier, informing when the webinar will be held.
- Time-saving. Podcasts are made for people who want to gain valuable knowledge on a given topic but do not have enough free time to participate in courses. These audio recordings can be displayed anytime, anywhere. Webinars, on the other hand, are online meetings that take place in a given time. In their case, punctuality is crucial – webinars should start exactly at a predetermined date and time.
- Interaction with users. People can listen to a podcast repeatedly. A webinar, on the other hand, is presented just once but the audience may participate in it. Participants may ask questions via a communicator to which the presenter answers. This form of training allows building relations with potential customers.
- Source of income. Podcasts are mostly free of charge. Sharing and downloading them is legal. Webinars can be a source of income for those who organize them. It's nothing more than a seminar you have to pay for.