What is Google Chrome? – Definition
Google Chrome is an open source web browser, developed by Google LLC in 2008. This easy-to-use browser offers a minimalistic user interface, fast web browsing and page loading time. According to StatCounter, it is the most popular web browser worldwide – Google Chrome is used by nearly 66% of internet users.
The web browser solutions are based on open source components with its own Blink layout engine. Generally, this browser was intended to be above all functional. It is targeted at everyone – for everyday use, individual work, for schools and universities, as well as for developers and experts.
Google Chrome and Additional Features
For users of this web browser, Google has prepared various additional features, such as: extensions (also known as plugins) which facilitate using various online resources (e.g. Send to Kindle, Pinterest); themes that allow users to personalize layout of the free browser and a page translation option, available in 52 languages.
Useful Extensions for SEO
These tools can also support the daily work of webmasters and SEO experts. Chrome Web Store offers a whole range of SEO tools.
Among SEO Chrome extensions, it is worth mentioning:
- NoFollow – shows links with nofollow attribute;
- Wappalyzer – recognizes CMS and scripts used;
- Link Redirect Tracker – checks redirects;
- SEO Meta in 1 CLICK – is used to display all the basic elements of the website and main SEO information;
- Check My Links – identifies broken links;
- Tag Assistant – helps to validate the tracking code on the site, such as Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager.