What is Title Tag – Definition
The Title element is used to define the title of an HTML document. It is a SEO relevant meta tag that should be on each subpage. The Title element contains the text that is displayed:
- in the title bar of each web browser;
- in the bookmark name;
- in the search results, as a clickable header to move to the page content.
It is located in the
<head> section in the page code and has a
Why is it so important?
It is one of the most important Google ranking factors. It helps search engines understand the content of the site and is helpful for users to determine what information they can find on a given site. An interesting title is the first impulse to get curious and to check the content.
How to make it work?
The title element will only work if it contains both an opening and a closing tag (
5 steps to correctly build the Title element
- each page should contain a unique title;
- the title should be between 50 and 60 characters long;
- it is worth using keywords in it;
- its content should fully correspond to the page content;
- use the company, site or brand name at the end of the title.