. These activities aim at minimizing the shopping cart abandonment rate and improving shopping cart value. Obviously, stores should focus on increasing organic visibility in the search results as not every company can afford to generate only paid website traffic.
is another challenge. There is no point in increasing the number of transactions several times if customers still need to wait for ages for the order to be processed. Delivery time is one of the deciding factors that determine whether we choose a given store or not.
Looking at the above information, we can safely state that logistics is the key element of the e-commerce sector.
By definition, it comprises warehouse services and delivery or parcels to end-customers.
When preparing your e-commerce peak season strategy, you should pay attention to several crucial elements such as:
In the case of new/extra employees, you have to take into consideration time needed for recruitment
- providing customers with a variety of delivery methods (courier, post office, collection points, parcel lockers),
- appropriate warehouse organization and management which facilitates order processing,
- complete and correct integration of the warehouse system with the e-shop,
- increasing your operational capabilities, while taking into account:
- available surfaces,
- warehouse infrastructure.
and/or arrangements with Temporary Employment Agencies, as well as
(and perhaps most importantly) the essential training period
before throwing your new staff members to the wolves.
Additional surfaces and warehouse infrastructures also require an appropriate approach,
depending on the size and complexity of the investment:
- If additional workstations and basic equipment such as scanners or carts are the only new required things, then, you may need from a few days up to a week or two to purchase and organize everything.
- Adding another module to the existing area (as part of the sublease) is slightly more complex. In this case, you may need to equip the additional surface with electricity, appropriate lighting, and so on. This translates into a longer period needed to prepare the extra space.
- In extreme cases, it’s necessary to open a new warehouse. Depending on whether the building already exists or is still under construction, we can talk about a 3-6 or even 12 months investment.
- The use of advanced infrastructure (mezzanine, transport systems, sorters, or SortBag systems) means the additional time needed to implement given solutions.
Because of all the reasons mentioned above, we can state that good planning skills are everything.
Think strategically and search for logistic partners that will not only support your strategic thinking but also design and finance the investment. In the end, they’ll also be able to smoothly guide your business through the e-commerce peak season