The May 2020 Core Update is now rolling out live. As is typical with these updates, it will typically take about one to two weeks to fully roll out.— Google SearchLiaison (@searchliaison) May 4, 2019
Google Core Algorithm UpdateGoogle is updating its core algorithm approximately every few months - previously they implemented changes in this years’ January. The purpose of the update is to improve the quality of global search results. Many websites will definitely be affected by the changes - some will just notice slight differences in the overall results while others will note significant decreases. What will definitely help you evaluate if the update is the reason behind your decreases (or increases) in Google ranking is the knowledge. There’s (unfortunately) no specific and the best way to handle the algorithm update. However, for this occasion, the Webmaster Central Blog prepared a special guide that contains all the key information provided by Google. Don’t forget to dive into it! Meanwhile, below you’ll find a couple of exemplary questions that are worth to ask yourselves:
- Does the content provide original information, reporting, research, or analysis?
- Does the content provide a substantial, complete, or comprehensive description of the topic?
- Does the content provide insightful analysis or interesting information that is beyond obvious?
- Does the headline and/or page title provide a descriptive helpful summary of the content?
- Is the content free from easily-verified factual errors?
- Is the content free from spelling or stylistic issues?
- Is this the sort of page you’d want to bookmark, share with a friend, or recommend?