Apart from being full of quality and useful information, content created for your business should also sell. Recipients that encounter it are supposed to become enchanted by your services or products. But what can you do to achieve the goal? How to create content that sells?
Table of contents:
- What Type Of Content Should You Focus On?
- What To Do To Make Your Content Sell?
- Don’t Do This When Creating Content
- Zklockow.pl Case Study – Example of Content That Sells
Surprising as it may be, according to Conversion XL, you’ve only 17 ms (milliseconds) to convince visitors that your website design is appealing. It’s not a lot of time, however, Internet users have specific expectations and if you aren’t able to encourage them to browse your site right away, they won’t become your customers.
Apart from the web design, content seen by the recipients is also crucial. It should be presented in an attractive way and CTAs supposed to inspire visitors to take action are key elements.
Why is it worth taking care of quality content? Well, it has an impact on your website visibility in the organic search results which translates directly into Google traffic. Content helps you improve brand recognition and image. More importantly, well-prepared texts sell. When creating content, you should pay attention to all of the abovementioned issues.
What Type Of Content Should You Focus On?
You should create all pieces of content published on your website with appropriate attention to detail – it’s a great recipe for improving your visibility and promoting your brand. So, take into consideration:
- Product and category descriptions – they don’t only encourage customers to purchase your products or order services but also improve your website visibility on Google. Use keywords that can have a positive impact on sales, but remember that you should write mainly for users, not for Google robots. Apply the language of benefits but don’t praise your products too much. Keep in mind that your content should be addressed to recipients with different levels of expertise in a given field, so make sure that everything is understandable also for beginners. Learn more: The impact online shop product descriptions have on SEO and sales.
- Blog posts – blog entries can bring you a number of benefits such as increased traffic, the possibility to position yourself as an expert or communicate with users. A blog can also indirectly affect sales – an Internet user looking for answers to a specific question may become interested in products or services mentioned in your blog post that successfully addressed all the doubts. It’s extremely important to make sure that your entries are substantive as it increases the probability that users will become your customers.
- Case studies – If you’ve completed projects you’re proud of, describe the process on your website once you obtain permission from the client. Show what you’ve managed to achieve and what activities have been performed – it’s a great way to resolve the doubts of recipients who aren’t sure whether cooperating with your company is a good idea.
- Newsletter – users who subscribed to the newsletter usually expect to receive valuable content and be the first to know about special offers. It’s important to send out content that’s consistent with recipients’ needs. Ask users what type of content or promotions are of interest to them.
- Social media – social media profiles can attract a lot of recipients who decide to follow your brand. You can share newly published blog posts, news about impressive special offers, and many, many more.
What To Do To Make Your Content Sell?
To sell via your business content, you should pay attention to a few relevant aspects. Follow the below-mentioned principles:
1. Apply The Language Of Benefits
Which means writing in a way that emphasizes the benefits of purchasing a given product (or service). Pay attention to the greatest advantages, things that can be done with use of the specific item, and reasons for choosing it. Help recipients to understand the product better. It’s all about giving the interested parties relevant reasons to purchase your goods.
However, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you should exaggerate rave over the product. Writing that the item is the only one, the best one and the top-quality one won’t automatically ensure success. Focus on the greatest benefits and present them to recipients in a clear way. Check out the screenshot below. Information that the battery capacity of this smartphone is 5020 mAh is all Greek to most recipients, but stating how long the device will work thanks to it is a completely different story.
2. Be Concise and Comprehensive
Focus on key elements. Don’t write elaborate sentences and paragraphs to explain one functionality whose benefits can be described in a few words. You should try to exhaust the topic without writing too much. Analyze the time users spend on a specific subpage on average. If it’s a minute, it’s more than obvious that Internet users aren’t able to read all the published content. Providing the same information in a more attractive and shorter form would probably bring better sales results.
3. Present Your Content In a User-Friendly Way
Nobody likes long blocks of text. It’s advisable to apply bullet points and mark the most important pieces of content. Using appealing graphics or icons is also a great solution.
4. Remember About Keywords
Google is a source of traffic that sells effectively. Internet users reach your website after typing a specific keyword into the search engine, they frequently find what they’re looking for and decide to buy it. Benefit from tools for keyword analysis and saturate your content with properly selected phrases.
At this point, it’s important to focus on long-tail keywords that convert much more frequently than generic phrases – they’re also more effective when it comes to sales. They attract determined users, therefore, people who reach your website after searching specific keywords are more likely to become your customers.
Content relevant from the search engine perspective can be marked with <strong> or <em> tags. Remember to optimize images – apply key phrases separated by hyphens in file names, graphic descriptions and alt tags. SEO sells, therefore, don’t forget to optimize your content for Google algorithms, but most importantly, create content that’s valuable for users.
5. Apply CTAs (Call-To-Action)
The simplest examples of CTAs that you encounter online on a daily basis include “buy now” or “read more”. CTA buttons come in various forms – most often they’re texts or graphics. As a rule of thumb, this content usually has a key influence on the probability of achieving a given goal. What to do to make your CTAs more effective?
If possible, address the recipient, meaning your target group, in the first person singular. Don’t apply too many words, place CTAs in a visible location, ensure their proper size and color that will make them stand out from other website content.
The body of your call-to-action should emphasize benefits offered to recipients. These can be, for example, “click and get for free”, “buy now – 90% off” or “sign up and save USD 10”. To verify the effectiveness of your CTAs, use Google Analytics.
Read more: How to design perfect CTAs?
6. Create Quality Content
Internet users appreciate content that provides answers to all their questions. If your texts don’t resolve doubts, people will look for different stores or websites. Before you publish any piece of content, make sure that recipients can actually find there everything they’re looking for. If not, refine it. Analyze users’ queries and comments to complement the content in a relevant way.
Don’t Do This When Creating Content
You can waste a lot of time preparing content supposed to sell only to realize that it’s not going to bring you the intended results. These are some of the things you shouldn’t do:
- Don’t overuse the language of benefits – focus on specific information and describe product benefits in a wise way. Don’t imply that your items are the best and suitable for everything. This can only deter potential customers.
- Don’t ignore recipients – seniors and students are recipients who require completely different types of content. Remember about it.
- Don’t exaggerate with optimization – providing keywords in content is extremely important, however, it should be done in a natural and grammatically correct way. Don’t forget that you’re writing for your recipients!
- Highlight CTAs – even perfect CTAs won’t be effective if users don’t notice them on the site. Therefore, place these elements in a well visible location and mark them with a different color or an eye-catching frame.
- Don’t publish poor quality content – your text was supposed to be published yesterday – you’re past the deadline so you write at the very last moment. Don’t do it! Take your time to create something valuable that will effectively appeal to recipients.
Zklockow.pl case study – Example of Content that Sells
We’ve mentioned something about case studies. Take a look at the example of such content that we prepared based on the project conducted for one of our clients. To access more details, go to our case study zklockow.pl. Note that content includes only specific data. At the very top, you can see statistics related to increased visibility and organic traffic.
Next, we briefly described types of tasks performed for the client which is a valuable piece of information for everyone interested in our services – this way, they know what to expect. If you’re able to present such data related to your business, it’ll definitely be appreciated by the audience.