Here are the 5 Top Ways that Email Marketing Can Support Your SEO Strategy:
- Drive More Traffic to Your Website
- Promote Your Content and Helps with Your Link Building
- Increase in Site Engagement
- Increase in Social Shares
- Builds Your Authority
What is Email Marketing?Email marketing is one of the most effective digital marketing strategies - it involves sending emails to prospects, subscribers, and existing customers. Essentially, effective email marketing converts cold prospects into warm buyers as well as make one-time customers into raving fans. Also, email marketing gives you the option to segment your audience into various lists according to their interests and preferences, so you can send personalized content that they will love to read and respond whatever you ask them to - whether it’s to click the link to your landing page or buy a new product. Now, let’s talk about the ways that email marketing for SEO can improve your website’s overall success.
1. Drive High-Quality Traffic to Your SiteIndeed, it is quite apparent that email marketing is one of the best ways to drive more traffic to your website. However, the most important part when combining SEO and email marketing is to drive high-quality traffic - website visitors who are more likely to convert when they arrive at your web page. You see, most of your email recipients are your subscribers - you can expect that they are already aware of your business and the products and services that you offer. With this in mind, remember that the majority of your email marketing audience expect to receive newsletters that are tailored to their interests. So, if you are systematic with the type of content that you send to your varied lists of email subscribers, you are not only driving more traffic to your site but also highly qualified and targeted traffic that will convert a lot sooner than others.
2. Allows Great Content Promotion and Link BuildingCrafting the best blog posts, infographics, videos, and other types of content is not enough - you have to promote them rather than just leave them afloat in the massive sea of content in the web, waiting to be discovered by search users. You see, email marketing is one of the best ways to promote your content as well as build your links to improve your SEO - if you have plenty of noteworthy blog posts, you can send a weekly or monthly newsletter for your customers to enjoy, depending on their preferences or interests, and links to these articles for them to click and discover. Take a look at how National Geographic promotes each of their interesting blog posts via email:
Weekly Digest - National GeographicBesides increasing the visibility and clickability of your compelling blog posts, you are also putting them in front of the right people who are most likely to link to them when writing their own posts for their blog thereby building relevant backlinks for your website.
3. Increases Your Website EngagementOnce you present your target audience with great pieces of content based on their interests, it is highly likely that they will click on your links from your email newsletter and click through your website, increasing on-site engagement. As you may already know, a high on-site engagement, which typically involves a high click-through rate and longer dwell time, sends a signal to the search engines that your site offers value to your audience and deserves to rank higher in the search results. Also, remember that the longer your high-quality traffic spends more time on your site and the more they engage with your content, the more likely they are to convert.
4. Encourages Social Media SharesLinks from social media are also a great avenue to drive more traffic to your site and widen your reach to potential customers. By sending your best pieces of content via email marketing for SEO, you are increasing the chances of your posts to be shared on different social media platforms - this is even more effective when you ask your subscribers to share your content on their own social media accounts. So, make sure to provide them with useful pieces of content that pique their interest. Also, remember that the visibility your web pages can get from social media platforms can also boost your search visibility according to the experiment conducted by Hootsuite. Hootsuite selected 90 blog posts to test in a two-week time frame:
- 30 control posts were not shared on any social media platforms
- 30 posts were shared organically
- 30 posts were boosted for two days with $100 budget for each post