Increase in 8 months
The website is managed with a dedicated Triso CMS, which was built in a way that enabled making changes and improvements, also when it came to SEO. The factor that influenced our cooperation in particular, was the recent rebranding from “Zakrzewski Clinic” to ”Zakrzewscy Clinic”. Because of that, the website had to be migrated properly in order not to lose organic traffic. New website, klinikazakrzewscy.pl, was a brand new domain, without any history, and with low authority & trust scores.
We started the cooperation exactly on the 13th of March, 2018. During the first few months, two websites existed independently. In the beginning, organic traffic to the website Klinika Zakrzewscy was 228 visits. After migrating the website and optimizing it for the next 9 months, the number of visits rose to 1547 in November 2018, which was an increase of 578%.
The main issue:
Migrating the website to a new domain after the rebranding, as well as maintaining and increasing the website traffic afterward.
A few facts for starters:
- A lack of analytical tools on the website,
- The necessity to migrate the site to a new domain without losing traffic,
- Local business in Polish Silesia – high competition within this area,
- A dedicated CMS,
- No traffic and no visibility of the new website – we started from scratch!
Migrating the website to a new domain without losing traffic and visibility that were built previously, required proper planning and diligent execution. We started with a specific plan, which consisted of 5 steps:
- Launching a new website under the address https://www.klinikazakrzewscy.pl/. At the same time, we were going to keep the website https://www.klinikazakrzewski.pl/ untouched for about 3 months.
- Adding the information that the site was migrating to a new address on the old site and blog. We did it by using hyperlinks to the new website in order to pass some “link juice” to it.
- Optimizing the new website for search engines (SEO) and migrating some content from the old to the new website. These were mainly blog posts.
- Preparing the right redirections from the old website to the new one.
- Shutting the old website down and redirecting it to the new address (while keeping the redirections of all subpages 1:1).
During the first 3 months, 2 versions of the website existed, which helped us “transfer” everything to the new domain more smoothly.
At the beginning of the cooperation, there were no analytical tools available on the old website. We implemented Google Search Console and Google Analytics to collect data, which then proved to be useful during the website migration.
We analyzed which subpages generated traffic in Search Console, and then migrated the content, optimized it, and created redirections for some of the URLs. Some part of the articles was not copied nor redirected due to the changes in the clinic’s offer.
We also did a keyword analysis, to check which keywords the website was visible to. These were mostly branded keyword phrases. While optimizing the new website, we wanted to expand the number of phrases which the site was visible to, and also increase its rank for different keywords connected to the offer and services provided. We optimized the new website for service, local, and branded keywords so that the website didn’t lose traffic coming from them in the past.
During the first phase of cooperation, we also prepared a set of guidelines on what could be improved on the new website, so that it performed better in terms of SEO. After implementing those elements and creating the right redirections to all subpages, we shut the old site down and set the redirection also for the main page.
We finished the process of migrating the website to the new domain in May 2018.
Before we set the redirections from the old website, we made sure that the new one is optimized. We implemented a standard SEO process, during which we conducted an audit and thus, analyzed the elements that needed some improvements.
We also performed a UX analysis to enhance the performance of the site for its users. During the next months, we implemented the results together with the website admin.
The list of basic improvements included, among others:
- Subpages with the offer – optimizing the content, metadata, alt tags, headings, and internal linking,
- Blog – optimizing the content, metadata, alt tags, headings, and internal linking.
During the first phase, we focused on the services, which were the most important for the client from the business point of view. Additionally, since it was a local business, we paid attention to local SEO within the Silesian voivodship, especially Katowice.
Exemplary improvements made on the main page:
- Optimizing the title and meta description:
- Adding the alt tags to visuals:
Before – no alt tags:
After implementing a proper website migration and optimization, as well as setting relevant redirections, we managed to get great results which were reflected in the website rank in SERP for certain keywords.
The new website was displayed first for both old and new branded keyword phrase:
The phrase “aesthetic dermatology katowice” jumped to the 4th position:
The phrase ”aesthetic medicine katowice” increased to the 9th position:
The phrase “tattoo removal Silesia” increased to the 8th position:
During our cooperation, we achieved the results we aimed for from the start:
- Seamless migration of the site to the new domain,
- Generating organic traffic to the new domain from scratch. After 8 months, organic traffic amounted to 1547 (according to Google Analytics)
- Building the visibility of the new domain from scratch. After 8 months, the site was displayed 27 880 times in search results
- Increasing the visibility of the website both in TOP3 and TOP10, according to independent tools like Semstorm and Senuto:
Cooperation with this client started quite unconventionally – from conducting a domain migration. However, thanks to this unusual beginning we learned how important is the mutual need to communicate all the changes and consulting the elements that may influence website visibility in the long term. The industry itself isn’t the easiest to work with, but we’re successfully increasing the website traffic and rising local keywords for 2 years now. We’re working with custom CMS so the major changes are implemented by our client’s developer team.
Working with this project you can’t get bored – it’s an industry really “loved” by Google where much can change with every single update. That’s why we need to keep track of the current guidelines to ensure constant growth of phrases and website’s online visibility.