We have been able to create Performance Max campaigns on Google Ads accounts for some time. Now all Smart Shopping campaigns will be converted into the new type of campaign. Check what it means and if you need to prepare for it!
For some time now, Google Ads accounts have been able to create Performance Max campaigns that help you reach more Google inventory within a single campaign.
In November 2021, Google announced that in 2022 all Smart Shopping ads and Local campaigns will be transitioned to Performance Max campaigns to ensure greater automation of the campaign. Now we know more about this change.
The most important information about Performance Max:
- From April 2022, you will be able to transition Smart Shopping campaigns into Performance Max campaigns,
- Between July and September, any Smart Shopping campaign in your account will be automatically transitioned to Performance Max.
- Between August and September, every Local campaign in your account will be transitioned to Performance Max.
- After that, you won’t be able to create new Smart Shopping campaigns or Local campaigns anymore.
Performance Max Campaign Transformation Schedule
- January – Introduction of Performance Max campaign
- April – Quick transition of Smart Shopping campaigns into Performance Max
- June – Quick transition of Local campaigns into Performance Max
- July – Smart Shopping campaigns automatically transitioned to Performance Max
- August – Automatic transition of Local campaigns into Performance Max
- September – Completion of the update
For more information on the change, see the Google Help page.