- Characteristics of a Quality SEO Report
- SEO Report – What Should It Include?
- Anything Else?
Characteristics of a Quality SEO ReportA good SEO report is concise, transparent, and comprehensible for the client. Elements that should be included in the report are usually determined by the type and stage of the cooperation. SEO takes time, therefore, it’s pointless to expect that the conversion rate of your online store will increase twice only after 3 months of collaboration (although, obviously everything is possible).
- the number of inquiries sent with the use of a contact form,
- the average length of web sessions,
- the number of subscriptions to the newsletter.
SEO Report - What Should It Include?
1. Visibility in the Search ResultsIncreasing website visibility is the first and most important objective of the SEO process. Before attracting any converting users to your website, it’s necessary to ensure that the page is actually displayed in the search results. Building website visibility on Google is a never-ending story - SEO agencies constantly do their best to improve or maintain high positions and obtain new phrases.
2. Website Traffic ChannelsThe primary goal of SEO is to increase organic traffic (which constitutes 53.3% of Internet traffic on average). However, conducting your SEO activities properly may lead to improving traffic from other channels.
3. Conversion and Target Achievement RateAs it’s been previously mentioned, it’s not only about traffic but also about conversion. While measuring the conversion rate, it’s important to take into consideration the distinction between different channels. Sometimes it happens that clients want to terminate the contract because sales don’t improve despite significant SEO investments. However, in such situations, it often turns out that the organic traffic generates sales and the decreases refer to other channels (e.g. because clients decide that if they invest in SEO, they won’t spend more on paid campaigns). But to come to such conclusions, you need to measure and assess your conversion rate separately for each channel. In the case of clients who don’t operate in the e-commerce sector, it’s worth determining the definition and price of valuable conversion at the early stage of cooperation - so, for example, it’s crucial to decide what’s the value of leads from contact forms on the websites.
4. SeasonalityLet’s be honest. If your store offers ski equipment, it’s guaranteed that there will be an 80% decrease in traffic in your March report, even if you spend a fortune on SEO. There are many not-obvious seasonal industries, therefore, apart from reporting data on a monthly basis, it’s advisable to take a broader perspective. The organic traffic should be analyzed and compared with the data from a specific month on a year-on-year basis. In order to make sure that the decrease in a given month is related to seasonality, it’s a good idea to take advantage of Senuto which provides website analysis and seasonality charts. Thanks to it, you’ll be able to determine what organic traffic decreases to expect in a given month, assuming that particular phrases remain in the same positions.
5. Conducted ActivitiesMany clients know literally nothing about SEO principles, consequently, they may doubt whether the game is worth the candle. Some people believe that their website positions will improve naturally. Well, if you think so too, we need to disappoint you - it's not that simple. Find out more in our article - high Google rankings without SEO - is it possible? Stating what activities have been performed in a given month will not only inspire trust in the agency but also reassure its clients that the money invested in SEO is spent wisely.
6. Last But Not Least - CommentariesOverwhelming our clients with unintelligible data titled “monthly report” is not our goal. Without appropriate context, data and numbers mean nothing. An appropriate commentary will show that SEO specialists conducting activities on the website really know what to do and even in case of any possible decreases (caused by e.g. Google updates) they’ll be able to immediately fix the problem. Moreover, even in situations when everything goes smoothly, we use the report to inform our clients about the subsequent stages of the SEO process.
Anything Else?Obviously, SEO reports can comprise many different elements such as the:
- analysis of traffic on particular subpages,
- link parameters,
- average time spent on the site,
- the positions of the most prominent phrases.